Skip to main content

 


I am a 3rd-year student of B.A.LL.B. As of now, I don’t have any achievements like no certificates, no debates, and no national moots. But Yes, I have one achievement and that is I am in the law field. I want to explain why and how I chose this Law field.

I did my HSC from the science stream and cleared JEE mains. During the JEE mains counseling, I felt that I never wanted to be an engineer. I told my father that I want to do something for my country's justice system so I decided to become a lawyer and this field suits me because I have one quality that I can fight until and unless I get justice done. I want to thank my father for giving me a chance to live my dream. He empowered me to pursue my dreams. After I prepared for CLAT and I got a college. As I am from a middle-class family and have no contacts in the law field, a lot of people suggested that without contacts I won't be able to do anything in this field, but I believe they are wrong.

Each time someone asks me what I like, I just give them a simple answer, "I like thinking”. I know that’s a strange answer but yes, that is what I like. I like thinking about how I can make India a better country. It hurts to hear when someone in front of me says, “India Aisa hai vaise hai, is India ka kuch nhi ho skta” What I believe in, is that we are the citizens of India and only we can improve the system. We have the power to change things.

I don’t want to lie about anything here. People see one weakness in me that my English is not good but they don’t see the capabilities that I have it. Yes, I can go beyond my limitation to do things right. I want to share something, like whenever something wrong happens in front of me and my Friends be like, there is no need to take a step, just let it be, but I can’t leave that because if I leave or do not take any step towards that wrong, I might not be able to sleep and will always regret, so that’s the reason I always listen to my inner voice instead of listening to society or friends.

I have some dreams but here also some people say that they are very vague and impossible to achieve but there is nothing I can do but work on my highest capabilities to achieve them, I can’t change my dreams just because some people believe that they are vague and impossible. My inner voice says I really want this and to do something for the betterment of the society in which we live in. I don’t want any poor to sleep without food and I want every child whether poor or rich should get a proper education.

I want to explore other countries' laws so that I could make my country's laws better. Because we know there is a lot of foreign countries where the crime rate is less because of better laws and education. So that’s the reason I want to read and observe the other countries and try to make laws and education better in our country too.

Here are my ideas on some points of what I feel that our system needs to change:

1. Collegium system: I personally believe that the collegium system is not good to appoint any judge in the Supreme court because sometimes nepotism and casteism get involved in it. So instead of it, the judges should be appointed through voting ( advocate and judge) or on merit basis.

2. I searched on the internet, around 4 crore cases are pending in India. That’s a gigantic number. The Supreme court should take a step against this and find a way to solve the cases as fast as they can. For example, the Supreme court can make committees and appoint legal professionals, collect data of where and how many cases are pending and from which year, and then the Supreme Court should direct all the high courts. And they, in turn, should direct the district courts to solve, and also vacancies of judges should be filled up so we can solve cases as soon as possible.

3. I read one news that 'The Rajasthan Government' on 02nd February issued a notification removing/amending provisions allowing caste/religion-based allocation of laboring Jails. After reading this, I was surprised because it was a law in Rajasthan. It made me think, "what about the other States? Is it a law in other states too or not?"

If it is, then it is wrong. I am still a student and I can't do anything about it yet, but in me, there is always this urge to talk to the prisoners and if they are facing this in the prisons and to do something for them. This law violates the rights of those prisoners who are SC/ST caste and it directly violates Articles 14, 15, and 21.

4. I’ve watched two series during this lockdown: The good place and Money heist and I realized while watching it that no person is bad but the circumstances make them, so to rehabilitate them, we can teach ethics, moral values subject in the prison and also we can conduct counseling session for prisoners because what our aim is that when these prisoners come outside after completing their punishment they won’t repeat the same crime again or any crime in the first place, so how can that be possible?

1. They should realize that they did wrong which is against society.

2. I believe everyone has some humanity but what is the reason behind their criminal act, because they didn't know about moral values or such good environment what we have like an example our elders to teach us what is wrong or what is right?.. important point someone teaches us so we should teach prisoners also about ethics or moral duty or conduct counseling sessions in each prison.

5. What I believe is that in my country there are poor and illiterate peoples’ more cases are pending because they don’t have enough knowledge and money to hire lawyer, so I want to try to make them aware of the law which gives rights to poor like legal aid act is available.

6. Recently I have read one news that Surat court has acquitted 122 accused of being SIMI Members after 20 years because the prosecution wasn’t able to prove that they were liable for unlawful activity, after reading that I thought about other prisoners who are kept in jail for so long without having any proof against them. These days I am thinking about this and try to find a solution for that.

7. I see in my daily life, at very young age student starts to smoke and drink. I think the government should put more restrictions on that because I have read in a case of Ranjit Kapoor Vs. UOI, 2007, where it was held that the requirement of wearing a helmet is not a restriction-free movement of the citizen. It is to save his life. And I think there is a need to put some restrictions on those who smoke or drink because the restriction on something to save someone’s life doesn’t amount to restriction.

8. I believe youth needs to involve in politics more, if we want better government, yes we need some young minds. I have more ideas and views in my field and other fields also but everything thing written in the application might be boring for you to read.

I have a lot of interest in legal aid work so I applied for the legal aid committee that’s in my college but they didn’t select me in that committee, yeah I definitely felt dejected but I didn’t lose hope and I decided I would do legal aid work by myself. I did some and currently, I am helping one guard aunty to get her insurance and PF money from the guard office. 

Thank you & Regards

Sadhna Diwakar

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful read! Hats off to you Sadhna, you are going places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. Kid, you'd do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the courage and grit Sadhana. Don't bother too much about rejections. You will find your path. Power to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written Sadhna. You are an inspiration for young people. Admired your courage best wishes are with you in this respect. May you achieve your goals. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so amazing and inspirational Sadhna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great observation with great solutions ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"We rise by lifting others"

Hi all! I hope you all are doing well and good. After garnering a lot of courage, I'm writing this blog. Please do give it a read. So, I have seen scores of people who oppose reservation because they think it is unnecessary and it should not be given. Here goes My story !’ I hail from Agra, Uttar Pradesh, born and brought up in an urban area unlike my dad who born and raised in Rural area.  My father wasn’t able to complete his higher education because his father i.e. my grandfather didn’t believe in Education. And the reason behind it was that education at that time for a family like us was not a necessity but a luxury, they didn’t have enough money for their children’s education. But my father really wanted to study and gain knowledge. So, we belong to Scheduled caste and in my village, mostly higher caste people were educated. My father was always intrigued and wanted to have conversation with them and sit with them so as to gain knowledge from those people. But th

Roe v Wade

This Blog is written by my Friend, who hails from the USA, he mention here about what he gains from the case Roe v. Wade. I urge you all to give a read to this with the hope that you all will like it. "Hello again, it’s been a while since I’ve had anything put up on here but now I’m here! As you may have heard the US has decided to drop a ruling preventing individual states from completely making abortion illegal, at any stage in pregnancy. So now, we have all these southern, republican dominated states, making laws that make abortions as illegal, completely preventing an abortion at any state in pregnancy. Wanna know what this means? Well, now women can’t have complete autonomy over their own body, make the choices that are best suited for their own lives. Now, the person whom isn’t even alive, has rights over someone who is already in the waking world and actually has an impact to those around them. For some context, there was a 10 year old girl who was raped and had gotten