Skip to main content

Who's the real criminal for begging?

 


I still have the vivid memory of those days when I was in Delhi for almost a year and used to take metro to commute from Sector 16 Noida to Barakhamba. On my en route, i used to see this lady, who begged every day accompanied by her child.  From early morning to late night, she used to do begging in the name of her child’s injury. One fine day she came up to me asking for help and said “I need money for my child’s treatment as my child is severely injured.” I did see a bandage on his head and blood coming out from it but I knew that it was fake blood. So I ignored it like every other person but the realization of the murky future that child might have and the innocence that is getting sabotaged due to his involvement in all this, made me distraught. At this age when a child should be studying, playing and exploring the enigma of universe, he is being deprived of all of this.   

Deluged with these thoughts, I couldn’t resist myself and called upon her as to know the reason behind her begging when she is sufficient enough of earning by doing any work of her caliber. 

To this she said, madam ji “we are doing this because our master (Malik) forces us to do begging and earn money for him (Malik).”

Listening to this I didn't have any words to say at that time, so I simply bought one packet of chips and handed it over to her child. That incident kept me thinking the whole day about that lady and her helplessness. Though begging is a crime in our country, she was not a criminal in my eyes. I believe, the real criminal here is that Master who takes advantage of the vulnerability and immense sufferings of the poverty stricken and exploit them to a point where they are left with no other option but begging.

If our system really need to bring some change and stop such evil practices like begging, then it is required to find these masters and put them behind the bars. Also, the Government should initiate some welfare schemes to eradicate the root-cause i.e. the crippling socio-economic conditions which compels the poor people to earn money and suffice their basic needs through begging.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  I am a 3rd-year student of B.A.LL.B. As of now, I don’t have any achievements like no certificates, no debates, and no national moots. But Yes, I have one achievement and that is I am in the law field. I want to explain why and how I chose this Law field. I did my HSC from the science stream and cleared JEE mains. During the JEE mains counseling, I felt that I never wanted to be an engineer. I told my father that I want to do something for my country's justice system so I decided to become a lawyer and this field suits me because I have one quality that I can fight until and unless I get justice done. I want to thank my father for giving me a chance to live my dream. He empowered me to pursue my dreams. After I prepared for CLAT and I got a college. As I am from a middle-class family and have no contacts in the law field, a lot of people suggested that without contacts I won't be able to do anything in this field, but I believe they are wrong. Each time someone asks me what I

"We rise by lifting others"

Hi all! I hope you all are doing well and good. After garnering a lot of courage, I'm writing this blog. Please do give it a read. So, I have seen scores of people who oppose reservation because they think it is unnecessary and it should not be given. Here goes My story !’ I hail from Agra, Uttar Pradesh, born and brought up in an urban area unlike my dad who born and raised in Rural area.  My father wasn’t able to complete his higher education because his father i.e. my grandfather didn’t believe in Education. And the reason behind it was that education at that time for a family like us was not a necessity but a luxury, they didn’t have enough money for their children’s education. But my father really wanted to study and gain knowledge. So, we belong to Scheduled caste and in my village, mostly higher caste people were educated. My father was always intrigued and wanted to have conversation with them and sit with them so as to gain knowledge from those people. But th

Roe v Wade

This Blog is written by my Friend, who hails from the USA, he mention here about what he gains from the case Roe v. Wade. I urge you all to give a read to this with the hope that you all will like it. "Hello again, it’s been a while since I’ve had anything put up on here but now I’m here! As you may have heard the US has decided to drop a ruling preventing individual states from completely making abortion illegal, at any stage in pregnancy. So now, we have all these southern, republican dominated states, making laws that make abortions as illegal, completely preventing an abortion at any state in pregnancy. Wanna know what this means? Well, now women can’t have complete autonomy over their own body, make the choices that are best suited for their own lives. Now, the person whom isn’t even alive, has rights over someone who is already in the waking world and actually has an impact to those around them. For some context, there was a 10 year old girl who was raped and had gotten