Skip to main content

From My Soul to Yours: A Letter of Friendship

I don’t know how to start; I’m so blank. I’m at home while writing this because college has ended. Yesterday, I felt like writing something about the five years that I had spent with my friends.


So, I've never missed someone as much as I miss them. It feels like a piece of my heart has gone somewhere.

So here I go. I know all of you, Kastury, Jyoti, Maya, and Sakshi, will read this open letter.  Guys, It’s a beautiful journey with all of you. It's a journey where I find comfort. The love you gave was commendable.

 

The journey with Maya can’t be explained; she was my roommate, and the time we spent was awesome. The late-night talks about random stuff, sometimes dancing together on the room balcony – oh my god, it was fun. The best part is that Jyoti, Kastury, and Sakshi were our neighbors. So, it has become even more beautiful, he-he, thanks to the warden.

So, In the beginning, we were not 5; we were 12. But with time, it broke, but these 5 remained constant. Ups and downs came, but this bond didn’t break. So, whenever I feel low or happy, sad, I have my go-to person, and of course, I have a different bond with each of you.

The beautiful thing about friendship is that they understand you; they never see you sad. They are happy for you when you achieve something. There is no jealousy if you get good marks or something else. So, I didn’t have friends in school. I mean, I had friends, but there was always competition regarding who would get better marks. That was it. But college was a bit different for me. Those five years I will never forget in my life. I mean, whenever I die, I’ll recall all these moments that I spent with my friends. Unforgettable, for sure. Girls' friendship is a bit different, but I would say it’s the best kind of friendship. They understand your feelings and are emotionally available. When you have a bad time, they try their best to make you laugh hard, and you find peace when you sit with them (dost sukoon hote hai). Once, I was not feeling good, so I called Jyoti and said, "Mujhe accha nahi lag raha," and she was like, "Mere ghar aja." I went to her place, and she knew I feel good when I go outside, so she took me out. We roamed the city, and literally, I started feeling better. Spending two hours with a friend feels like two minutes.

The late-night Maggi, random talks, always being there for each other, dancing in the room, small fights, Kastury constantly saying, "Chalo chai peeni hai," "Tum Maggi kha lena," foodie junction chaap—ohh, sometimes going to the VC lawn for stargazing, sometimes having deep conversations about life—all these I miss a lot.

I remember I had a date planned with someone, but my mood was off for some other reason, and I felt like not going. But Kastury came and said, "Kyun nahi jaa rahi ho? Because of that? You can't do anything about it yet, so go and relax." I replied, "Main tabhi jaungi jab tu mujhe chappal pehn ke jaane degi. I like wearing slippers (my own comfort)." She was like, "Thik hai, chali jana, but tum ja rahi ho. I don’t want to hear any other excuse." Uff, how Kastury, Maya, Jyoti, and Sakshi decide my clothes when I go on dates, but sadly, I never listen to them. I was like, "Main ye pehn ke nahi jaungi." Sorry guys, but thank you for tolerating my stubborn nature. And ofc, thank you guys for the princess treatment. I remember whenever I was not well, I never missed home because you all never made me feel like I wasn’t at home. You pampered me more than my family did!

Sometimes, I wonder, do I even deserve such amazing friends? Thank you for everything, guys. You're the best!

I remember when Sakshi was dedicated to dance; she was like, “This is our last year. We are going to perform on stage this year.” The dedication she put into teaching dance to us dumbo girls was remarkable. Even remembering the easy steps felt like death, but finally, we managed. Sadly, on stage, we forgot the steps, and to our surprise, Sakshi forgot them too when she saw us. Maza aa gaya tha, bhai us din.

Last year, we played cards simply because we knew we'd never get that time back—the time we spent together. I can't write everything in words, but it was an incredibly awesome time with friends. Thanks for making me believe in the power of true friendship. I don't know how much we'll stay in touch after college, but whatever time we spent together was so beautiful. That's all that matters—having a good time when you're together. I don't think so, getting low marks in exams it really matters, but regretting not going on a trip with friends will haunt you for a lifetime. I only say, Live in the moments with friends, enjoy as much as you can, make a lot of memories, and have fun. 

 

Love you so much, guys. I miss you a lot.

Your QT - Sadhna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We rise by lifting others"

Hi all! I hope you all are doing well and good. After garnering a lot of courage, I'm writing this blog. Please do give it a read. So, I have seen scores of people who oppose reservation because they think it is unnecessary and it should not be given. Here goes My story !’ I hail from Agra, Uttar Pradesh, born and brought up in an urban area unlike my dad who born and raised in Rural area.  My father wasn’t able to complete his higher education because his father i.e. my grandfather didn’t believe in Education. And the reason behind it was that education at that time for a family like us was not a necessity but a luxury, they didn’t have enough money for their children’s education. But my father really wanted to study and gain knowledge. So, we belong to Scheduled caste and in my village, mostly higher caste people were educated. My father was always intrigued and wanted to have conversation with them and sit with them so as to gain knowledge from those people. But th
  I am a 3rd-year student of B.A.LL.B. As of now, I don’t have any achievements like no certificates, no debates, and no national moots. But Yes, I have one achievement and that is I am in the law field. I want to explain why and how I chose this Law field. I did my HSC from the science stream and cleared JEE mains. During the JEE mains counseling, I felt that I never wanted to be an engineer. I told my father that I want to do something for my country's justice system so I decided to become a lawyer and this field suits me because I have one quality that I can fight until and unless I get justice done. I want to thank my father for giving me a chance to live my dream. He empowered me to pursue my dreams. After I prepared for CLAT and I got a college. As I am from a middle-class family and have no contacts in the law field, a lot of people suggested that without contacts I won't be able to do anything in this field, but I believe they are wrong. Each time someone asks me what I